Understanding the Effect of CBN’s CBDC to Private Cryptos
Share This Article
Nigeria’s apex bank is set to roll out her own CBDC on October 1, 2021.
What does this mean to the Open Blockchain privately issued cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, Ethereum, and others? Will there be surprises?
Although the rise of CBDC development is an obvious testament to the success of cryptocurrency, however, the differences are numerous.
Will CBDCs effectively compete and attempt to negate crypto?
While central bank digital currencies will have the speed and practicality of cryptocurrency, opposition to crypto is fundamentally why CBDC will exist and philosophically they are the antithesis of everything Bitcoin was created for—to escape the constraints of a broken financial system, empower individuals with financial autonomy, and to bring transparency and trust to finance.
This Open-Mic Webinar will offer everyone an opportunity to understand what this emerging trend will mean to the entire crypto-verse.
Discussants for the webinar include:
- Chimezia Chuta, Founder/ Coordinator Blockchain Nigeria User Group
- Adedeji Owonibi, Founder/ CEO Convexity
- Obasi Francis Ifegwu, CEO at Lead Cyber Service Limited
- HHI Olutoyin J. Oloniteu, MD/CEO, Spindlar Cyberlaw Centre & Chairman, CEI Africa
- Kue Barinor, ESQ – BNUG Legal
- Oluseyi Akindeinde – CTO, Digital Encode
- Michael Alexander
The webinar is set for Saturday, September 25, 2021, by 11 am. Here is a link to register.
Don’t miss important articles during the week. Subscribe to blockbuild weekly digest for updates.