Ethereum a decentralized cryptocurrency launched in 2015 and currently ranked as the second-best cryptocurrency to invest and trade with.
This currency is a great alternative to Bitcoin (BTC) and quite easy to acquire depending on the exchange selected by the potential buyer.
Buying Ethereum (ETH) in Nigeria isn’t complicated because it’s been made easy by exchange platforms, online brokers, or local brokers.
The cryptocurrency is accessible through a desktop or laptop, a tablet, and a smart mobile gadget.
This particular cryptocurrency is triumphing as one of the best because of its high recognition by potential markets and top-notch assets.
As a Nigerian, the first thing you need to know before buying Ethereum (ETH) is that you must find an exchange that permits users from Nigeria to register and provides the cryptocurrency.
Also, several cryptocurrency exchanges have a base here in Nigeria which gives you an advantage as a cryptocurrency trader.
However, here are some of the exchanges that receive Naira as a means of purchase.
In order to trade successfully and have full control of all transactions, you must ensure to move or withdraw the cryptocurrency from the exchange to your personal wallet.
These wallets come in several types allowing you to alert all crypto networks that you would like to receive and send transactions.
Meanwhile, another type of wallet is the hardware wallet which has an external unit giving more sophisticated security, for example, a USB flash drive.
NB: You can either just acquire Ethereum (ETH), invest which will definitely require you to sign up with your preferred exchange, and also you can go into trading which will require you to get a wallet or registering with any preferred exchange platform.
Some popular Ethereum (ETH) wallets used in Nigeria
- My ether wallet
Quick steps to buying Ethereum (ETH):
- Research on how to trade Ethereum (ETH) before buying and what you intend to do with it either to store in your wallet or trade as well as invest.
- Sign up with an exchange platform
- Buy Ethereum (ETH) from your chosen exchange
- Move or withdraw it into your personal wallet for safe keep
Reasons you should buy Ethereum (ETH)
- It is well recognized internationally and even in Nigeria
- It is very flexible simply because the market shows continuity
- It is the second-best cryptocurrency suitable for investment, trading, and storing
- You can use a computer to trade if you possess sophisticated tools
- The least investment is $2
- Ethereum (ETH) is traded in excess pairs unlike many other cryptocurrencies even paper money.
Facts you should know about Ethereum (ETH)
- It can be purchased in vast quantity
- It’s loved by tech experts
- It wasn’t always the number 2 best cryptocurrency
- Very suitable for steady income because it is mined in about 18million ETHER in a year
- It is risky
- It is one of the flaming programming tools
- It is one of the trendsetters when it comes to smart contracts.
Lastly, Ethereum (ETH) can be a long-term option for you.
Don’t miss important articles during the week. Subscribe to techbuild.africa/blockchain weekly digest for updates.